There are 104 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2003.
This generation ranks 23rd in reliability out of 33 overall Subaru generations.
This generation has been recalled 10 times. It's also part of 24 investigations and has 85 TSBs.
- engine head gasket failure in the 2006 Forester at 77667 miles
- engine turbo died in the 2004 Forester at 153333 miles
- engine engine light flashing in the 2007 Forester at 88837 miles
- engine excessive noise, smoking in the 2008 Forester at 114000 miles
- engine oil leak in the 2007 Forester at 67000 miles
- wheels / hubs noise from wheel in the 2008 Forester at 18000 miles