There are 114 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2011.
This generation ranks 27th in reliability out of 33 overall Subaru generations.
This generation has been recalled 28 times. It's also part of 0 investigations and has 336 TSBs.
- transmission gear box damaged in the 2009 Forester at 48405 miles
- engine unintended accelaration in the 2011 Forester at 23500 miles
- engine timing belt pulley failure in the 2009 Forester at 90000 miles
- engine head gaskets leak in the 2009 Forester at 44882 miles
- clutch clutch squeal in the 2009 Forester at 97921 miles
- engine noisy cold start in the 2010 Forester at 53 miles