There are 217 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2015.
This generation ranks 33rd in reliability out of 33 overall Subaru generations.
This generation has been recalled 3 times. It's also part of 0 investigations and has 168 TSBs.
- engine high oil consumption in the 2014 Forester at 23212 miles
- transmission shuddering and jerking in the 2017 Forester at 2440 miles
- engine engine died while driving in the 2014 Forester at 33548 miles
- transmission bucking, surging at low speed in the 2015 Forester at 7497 miles
- electrical engine won't turn over, won't start in the 2015 Forester at 9805 miles
- accessories - interior bluetooth connectivity not working in the 2015 Forester at 14280 miles