There are 62 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 22nd in reliability out of 33 overall Subaru generations.
This generation has been recalled 28 times. It's also part of 549 investigations and has 150 TSBs.
- transmission transmission failure in the 2006 Impreza at 7115 miles
- engine burning oil in the 2007 Impreza at 89949 miles
- engine head gaskets leaking in the 2006 Impreza at 71533 miles
- engine head gasket leaking in the 2002 Impreza at 80000 miles
- exhaust system air pump valve stuck open in the 2006 Impreza at 98323 miles
- AC / heater blower motor grinds in the 2007 Impreza at 131450 miles