There are 41 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 19th in reliability out of 33 overall Subaru generations.
This generation has been recalled 22 times. It's also part of 226 investigations and has 199 TSBs.
- engine engine failure in the 2009 Legacy at 71520 miles
- clutch clutch failed in the 2005 Legacy at 48748 miles
- engine car would not accelerate in the 2006 Legacy at 129000 miles
- engine blown head gaskets in the 2005 Legacy at 82500 miles
- clutch clutch went out in the 2006 Legacy at 50000 miles
- drivetrain loud noise from front end in the 2008 Legacy at 64000 miles