There are 247 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2014.
This generation ranks 31st in reliability out of 33 overall Subaru generations.
This generation has been recalled 29 times. It's also part of 1 investigations and has 396 TSBs.
- engine hesitates when accelerating in the 2014 Outback at 10835 miles
- engine hesitating, stalling in the 2010 Outback at 92741 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2011 Outback at 87214 miles
- transmission transmission noise in the 2010 Outback at 79333 miles
- transmission transmission stopped working in the 2012 Outback at 125000 miles
- engine stalling while braking, stopping in the 2011 Outback at 92852 miles