There are 166 owner complaints spread out over 3 years, but the most belong to the 2015.
This generation ranks 32nd in reliability out of 33 overall Subaru generations.
This generation has been recalled 17 times. It's also part of 0 investigations and has 84 TSBs.
- body / paint blistered paint in the 2016 Outback at 5062 miles
- windows / windshield cracks easily in the 2015 Outback at 16812 miles
- electrical engine won't turn over, won't start in the 2015 Outback at 8383 miles
- transmission sticks in reverse in the 2016 Outback at 2220 miles
- accessories - interior touchscreen radio freezes up and will not operate in the 2017 Outback at 3667 miles
- electrical rodent damage to wiring bundle in the 2016 Outback at 1000 miles