Can Subaru dashboards handle the heat? A class-action lawsuit says 2005-2009 Legacy and Outback dashboards melt into a pile of sticky, shiny goo when exposed to heat and humidity.
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Interior Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2015 Forester bluetooth connectivity not working 10 (100%)
- 2017 Outback touchscreen radio freezes up and will not operate 6 (60%)
- 2016 Outback gps not working properly 4 (40%)
- 2018 Outback radio will not turn off 4 (40%)
- 2015 Outback radio not working properly 4 (40%)
- 2015 Forester voice recognition does not work 4 (40%)
- 2015 Outback blind spot monitor not functioning 3 (30%)
Recent Interiors News
There's a lot of news out there, but not all of it matters. We try to boil down it to the most important bits about things that actually help you with your car problem. Interested in getting these stories in an email? Signup for free email alerts over at CarComplaints.com.
Subaru is issuing a recall for some loose knee guards that are there to provide additional protection for drivers wearing their seat belts in a crash.
The 2017 Subaru Legacy and Outback vehicles are equipped with knee guard brackets that may not be properly attached to the steering beam assemblies.
That's probably why some Legacy and Outback owners are so fed up with their dashboards.