Can Subaru dashboards handle the heat? A class-action lawsuit says 2005-2009 Legacy and Outback dashboards melt into a pile of sticky, shiny goo when exposed to heat and humidity.
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Interior Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2015 Forester bluetooth connectivity not working 10 (100%)
- 2017 Outback touchscreen radio freezes up and will not operate 6 (60%)
- 2016 Outback gps not working properly 4 (40%)
- 2018 Outback radio will not turn off 4 (40%)
- 2015 Outback radio not working properly 4 (40%)
- 2015 Forester voice recognition does not work 4 (40%)
- 2015 Outback blind spot monitor not functioning 3 (30%)
Subaru is issuing a recall for some loose knee guards that are there to provide additional protection for drivers wearing their seat belts in a crash.
The 2017 Subaru Legacy and Outback vehicles are equipped with knee guard brackets that may not be properly attached to the steering beam assemblies.…
Being able to see the road clearly is one the cornerstones to a successful day of driving.
That's probably why some Legacy and Outback owners are so fed up with their dashboards.
A proposed class-action lawsuit says the dashboards were made with a defective material that fails in high heat or sunlight. It melts, becomes shiny, and creates a strong glare off the windshield.…keep reading